Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kid's Aprons

For Christmas I made my mom and mother in law an apron and had a lot of fun doing it. I decided that I'm going to make some for my shop (actually I might be opening up a new shop for this, but more on that later) and wanted to make some kids sized aprons as well.

This is the only one I have completed so far (my son wants to keep it for himself to bake cookies in). Instead of having a tie at the neck I used one strap and have 2 metal rings on the oposite side to thread the strap through. My hope is that this will be easier for kids since most likely they won't be able to tie yet. The waist is still a tie but the top strap could then be adjusted and just slipped off.

I have a ton of fabric set aside for these and a few even cut out already.

What do you think?